VisitRuskin is funded by partnership subscriptions and commercial activity. It receives no public funding from the State of Florida or County of Hillsborough.
- Promote and market Ruskin Florida to leisure and business visitors.
- Advocate quality improvements to tourism infrastructure and services.
- Work to maximize the benefits of tourism for Ruskin and the local economy.
- VisitRuskin works closely with a number of key partners.
VisitRuskin's Key Activity
- Public affairs - local tourism strategy, developmental issues, research.
- Marketing - campaigns and marketing strategy, VisitRuskin.com website, trade shows.
- Partnership - activity and opportunities.
- Travel trade - publications and exhibitions.
- Press - VisitRuskin.com and Ruskin news, press photo library.
What is VisitRuskin?
VisitRuskin is made up of a network of local enterprises representing five travel industries:
- Hotel & Lodging
- Restaurant & Catering
- Entertainment & Recreation
- History & Culture
A True Partnership
VisitRuskin is a true partnership. It aims to build on the many examples of best practice and successful tourism activities developed in the region over many years. It will ensure that providers of regional travel services at all levels understand each others' roles and responsibilities.
VisitRuskin aims to avoid duplication and foster a willingness to work together including with local authority partners and other agencies so that shared expertise can deliver greater impact. It will share resources, expertise, information and best practice to ensure the region's aims and objectives are achieved.